Sunday, October 6, 2019

My first 1:1 Macro lens: Canon Macro 100mm 1:2.8 USM

Up until this posting, all the macro photos I've taken have been with my Canon PowerShot A710IS. It has taken some amazing macro shots - enough to let me know I enjoy taking them and would like to take the next step at some point. Just this week was that point when I purchased the macro lens used, with out even having a camera to host it.

my thumb nail
The lens (Canon Macro 100mm) purchase, or what my grandpa would say was "putting the cart before the horse", put me into the market for a horse. After considering a contemporary digital SLR, I found a good old horse that I think still has some life in her - a Canon 40D with a Canon 28-135mm IS lens attached.

This weekend I was able to put the cart and horse together and start taking photos again .. WOW .. what a Great camera and lens!! The take away was I need to manage my motion and I need to get a flash rig. There were some images I didn't capture due to blur, but, it was still fun and I have a few decent shots to show for the learning and fun process.

Here are some of the highlights - taken with my new horse and cart!
(There has been no editing to the originals other than cropping them is size.)


Little spider taking in some Dr. Seuss
Spider exploring the kitchen table .. and keeping an eye on me too!




Water droplet on a flower leaf
Some type of small bee visiting a flow I was taking pictures of



No comments:

Post a Comment